Citrus-infused sea salt is a delicious and healthy way to add flavor to your meals and drinks. At Anguilla Sands And Salts, we offer a variety of citrus-infused sea salt blends that combine the bold taste of sea salt with the tangy flavors of lime and lemon. Here are some of the benefits of using citrus-infused sea salt and three ways to use it in your cooking.
Benefits of Citrus-Infused Sea Salt Sea salt is a natural and unprocessed salt that contains minerals such as magnesium, calcium, and potassium. When combined with the flavors of lime and lemon, it creates a refreshing taste that is perfect for summertime dishes. Here are some of the benefits of using citrus-infused sea salt in your cooking:
- Enhances the Flavor of Your Meals: Citrus-infused sea salt adds a bright and refreshing flavor to your meals. It works especially well with seafood, grilled vegetables, and salads.
- Lowers Sodium Intake: Unlike table salt, which is heavily processed and contains additives, sea salt is a natural and healthier option. Using citrus-infused sea salt can help you lower your sodium intake while still adding flavor to your dishes.
- Provides Nutrients: Sea salt contains essential minerals that are beneficial to your health. It is rich in magnesium, calcium, and potassium, which are important for maintaining healthy bones, muscles, and overall well-being.
Three Ways to Use Citrus-Infused Sea Salt
- On Drinks: Rim a glass with citrus-infused sea salt for a refreshing twist on your favorite cocktail. Try it on a margarita for a tropical twist! Simply rub a lime wedge around the rim of the glass and dip it into the salt.
Recipe: Citrus Margarita
- 1.5 oz Tequila
- 1 oz Lime Juice
- 0.5 oz Orange Liqueur
- Rim the glass with citrus-infused sea salt, and garnish with a lime wedge.
- On Desserts: Sprinkle the salt over your favorite dessert for a burst of citrus flavor. It works especially well on chocolate desserts like brownies, cakes, and ice cream.
Recipe: Citrus Dark Chocolate Bark
- 1 lb Dark Chocolate
- 1/4 cup Citrus-Infused Sea Salt
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler, pour onto a lined baking sheet. Sprinkle salt over melted chocolate. Let cool until hardened, and break into pieces.
- On Food: Use the salt as a finishing touch on your favorite dishes. Try it on grilled fish or roasted vegetables for an added burst of flavor.
Recipe: Grilled Citrus Salmon
- 4 Salmon Fillets
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Citrus-Infused Sea Salt
- Grill the salmon over medium-high heat, brushing with olive oil. Once cooked, sprinkle with citrus-infused sea salt.
In conclusion, citrus-infused sea salt is a healthy and flavorful way to add a burst of tangy flavor to your meals and drinks. It’s a versatile ingredient that can be used in many ways, from rimming glasses to seasoning grilled fish. Come to Anguilla Sands And Salts to try all of our delicious salt blends, and start incorporating citrus-infused sea salt into your cooking today!